ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is an industry-leading creator of mission-critical support solutions for complex electrical systems in military aviation. We have positioned ourselves for extensive growth, allowing us to offer remarkable opportunities to the right candidates.
At ULTRAX, we strive to build strong relationships with our customers and with one another by creating an atmosphere of collaboration, innovation and dedication. We are a high-tech design, service and manufacturing company that has a passion for excellence and is committed to providing cutting-edge technology to our customers across the globe.
The Production Technician is an entry level position responsible for working in all areas of our production facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Build cable and harness assemblies using computer based population programs.
• Install boots, tape, clamps, connectors, and various components used in standard cable building.
• Use hand operated and pneumatic tools to build wire assemblies.
• Operate automatic wire cutting machines, ovens, pneumatic wire strippers, and other equipment.
• Build electronic assemblies with standard hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.).
• Test and verify electronic assemblies using both standard and proprietary test equipment and programs.
• Conduct routine preventive maintenance on production equipment.
• Perform metal finishing and foam finishing tasks.
• Install foam components into transit cases using adhesives.
• Operate and maintain a laser engraver, label printers, and laminators.
• Follow written procedures and supporting documents such as: bill of material, master drawing, etc.
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness in work areas and common areas.
• Perform other duties assigned.
• Work in compliance with OSHA and MSDS safety policies.
• Adhere to company practices regarding safety and control of electrostatic discharge (ESD).
• Familiarity with basic manufacturing technology
• Able to use digital calipers, multimeters, heat guns, wire crimpers and wire strippers
• The ability to read and understand drawings, wiring schematics, bills of material, and build instructions
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Pays attention to details and desires to exceed expectations
• Organized, punctual, pleasant demeanor
• A desire for continuous improvement
• Able to work within tight production schedules
• Excellent computer navigation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Ability to read and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand or sit for extended periods
• Use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle, and feel components
• Read or hear and comprehend oral and written instructions
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds, rarely lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Well-lit, climate controlled manufacturing facility
• Company provided tools and equipment
• A culture of continuous improvement and employee empowerment.
ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an extensive benefit package which includes a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, health and dental insurance and 401k with company match.
HOURS: M-F/ Flexible based on core hours of operation; OT necessary and varies based on customer demand.